I knew when I made this tonight that it would not photograph well, so sorry for the pic. But, bad pictures aside, I totally love peanut sauce. Tonight I served it simply over udon noodles (mainly because my fridge is looking pretty empty), but it is also good over jasmine rice.
– 1 small onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, chopped
– 1″ piece ginger, chopped
– 3/4 cup peanut butter
– 3/4 cup plain soy milk (or light coconut milk)
– 1/4 cup water
– 1/4 tsp Thai Kitchen red curry paste
– 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
– 1 tsp coriander
– 2-4 tbsp cup brown sugar
– 1 tbsp white vinegar
– 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until very smooth. Heat to bubbling in a saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 mins, stirring regularly.
2. Serve over udon noodles, or over rice.