1&1/2 cup Basmathi rice, (Washed and Cooked)
1 tbs Channa dal
1 tbs Urad dal
3 Red chillies
1 tbs Mustard
1 tbs Cumin seeds
3 to 4 tbs vanghi bath powder
salt to taste
Red chilli powder to taste
1/2 tbs asafoetida/Hing
1/4 tbs turmeric
8 curry leaves
4 to 5 tbs Chopped Coriander
3 – 4 tbs oil
3 Brinjals / Egg plants
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add Channa dal, Urad dal, Mustard, Cumin seeds, Red chillies,Turmeric, Hing, Curry leaves, Cashews stir it till the seasoning is done.
2. Add the Sliced onions and fry till the onions turn into light golden brown.
3. Add the sliced brinjal pieces, salt and fry until brinjal is cooked.Cover to cook
4. Add vanghi bath powder and red chilli powder and combine well and cover to
5. Now add the cooked rice and mix properly.
7. Mouth watering vanghi bath is ready to serve.