Vegetable upma is a hot favorite breakfast food. Especially South Indians likes
to eat this tasty dish can be eaten for breakfast, brunch or as a snack and is so
wholesome you can even make a meal of it! It is a tasty and nutritious and easy
1/2 tbs Channa Dal
1/2 tbs Urad Dal
1/2 tbs Mustard
1/2 tbs Cumin Seeds
6 Curry leaves
2 Red Chilies
3 Green Chilies
Salt to taste
3 tbs oil
1 Cup Vegetables(Carrots,Green peppers, beans, peace, Cabbage,Potato etc….
Use your favorite vegetables)
3/4 Big cup sooji/Semolina/Upma rava
Chopped coriander (optional)
1.Take a pan and add rava. Fry the rava till nice aroma comes out.
Remove it and keep it aside.
2. Take the same pan add oil and channa dal, urad dal, mustard seed,
cumine seeds, red chillies. When mustard starts popping add curry leaves.
(Cut the leaves into 2 to enhance the aroma).
3. Now add onions, green chillies,ginger and fry till onions turn into golden brown.
4. Add all the vegetables and fry till translucent and soft.
5. Add the water and salt to taste to bring to a boil.
6. Add the roasted sooji/semolina/upma rava, a little at a time, stirring constantly
to prevent any lumps from forming.
7. Simmer and cook till the upma is like a very thick porridge.
8. After done turn off the heat and squeeze the lime juice over the upma and
9. Garnsih with chopped corriander leaves at the end.